1 day trekking tour in one of the greatest mountain in Romania. The main ridge is regarded as one of the most beautiful sites in the Carpathians.This hiking trip is a great opportunity to explore Piatra Craiului National Park in the Carpathian Mountains, an area pretty much untouched by the 21st century. Trek past gorges, forests and pastures where mountain shepherds still work, and see a side of Romania that’s hardly changed in generations.Hike among the spectacular Carpathian Mountains on a guided, small-group tour of Piatra Craiului National Park from Brașov. Follow one of two routes on a 5- to 6-hour hike through alpine meadows, fragrant forests and country villages that seem untouched by time. See the cavernous Zarnesti Gorge, and learn about the traditional rural industries of cheese-making and shepherding. Refuel with hearty Romanian fare at either a mountain hut or a local village.
- 49 euro/person (minimum 2 people, for 1 person the rate is as for 2 people)
Duration: 8 h, medium, excellent view throughout the day, uphill/downhill walk: 700 m/700 m.
Highlights: Piatra Craiului National Park, Curmatura hut, Zarnesti Gorges
Guaranteed departures: all year round.
Meeting point: The History Museum Piata Sfatului Square – 8:30 AM. Our guide holds the sign “Meeting Point GUARANTEED DEPARTURES DAY TOURS”.
Important: You have to make the booking 2 days in advance until 8 PM!
- Dress warmly: Compulsory sturdy and waterproof hiking shoes; warm clothes recommended
- Route may be changed without notice due to weather conditions
Fact: people in these 2 villages never died because of heart attack or cancer!
Route: Piatra Craiului National Park, crossing Zarnesti Gorges. Visit two of the most authentic mountain villages: Pestera & Magura or hike to Curmatura hut. Between June and September we make a stop to an authentic sheep farm.
Details about trekking tour:– optimal time: June – October
– number of participants: minimum 2, maximum 8.
– transportation is made by car or minibus.
– mountain tour requires a very good physical shape, with resistance to hard effort.
– licensed mountain guide during the entire trekking tour.– the route could be changed because of the weather conditions.Also Check: 2 Days Private Tour
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox