3 - 4 hr
We offer you the opportunity to see and admire the brown bear in their own habitat from a specially designed observation hide in the Transylvanian forest.
The forest ranger takes you in the forest, on a mountain path, walking for a few hundred meters to the hide where you wait quietly for wildlife watching (walking time aprox. 20 minutes). There are high chances (statistically more than 80%) to spot the Carpathian Brown Bear, sometimes a female with her cubs, sometimes a larger male brown bear, but you can also spot the wildboar, roe deer and red dear, wolves, linx and even some game birds.
The package includes:
- transfer from Brasov to the bear hide and back
- access into the restricted wildlife area
- services of a Forest Ranger to accompany you to the brown bear hide and back, also for your protection, the forest ranger could carry a gun for extreme situations
- photo tax – only for personal use
- photo tax – for professional use; available for extra price
- any meal
- tips / gratuities
Group Size: min. 2 people.
Minimum age: 12 years old.
Guaranteed departures: daily between April 15 – October 15
On request: for the rest of the year
Meeting point: The History Museum Piata Sfatului Square. You will be advised on the exact starting time and availability after you have booked the trip. Returning time is after 9:00 pm.
Our guide holds the sign Meeting Point GUARANTEED DEPARTURES DAY TOURS.
Important: You have to make the booking 2 days in advance until 8 PM!
Duration 3 – 4 hours.
Rate: 50 euro/person (minimum 2 people, for 1 person the rate is as for 2 people)
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox